New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Cranberry Orange Jam



It's the season for cranberries!
I used to think cranberries were bitter and very sour.... that was after tasting a cranberry sauce meant for a roasted turkey. Surprisingly this jam was nice after all the sugar was added. No prominent bitterness.... just a faint note that can be ignored.

You can use this to spread on bread, as a filling for cookies or a topping for cheesecakes.
If not, just mix with water and take it as a drink.

Cranberries are good for you, especially the men :)



Cranberry Orange Jam

by WendyinKK 

1 pack of fresh cranberries (350gm)
3 oranges
250gm sugar
small pinch of salt

1. Rinse cranberries and discard bad ones. Quarter each cranberry or coarsely chop it. Put into a pot.
2. Zest the orange and then juice it. Pour both in to the pot. Add in 1 cup of water.
3. Put in sugar and salt, and cook it on medium heat.
4. Meanwhile sterilize 2 jars and lids in the oven at 140C for 5 minutes.
5. When jam turns syrupy like runny honey, remove jars from oven and fill up the jars.
6. Put the cap on TIGHTLY and let it cool down totally.




6 comments:

  1. can substitute with dried cranberries?
    ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    I don't think you can use the dried ones as they are already sweetened with sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, may I know what size of orange you used? Thanks!
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geri,
    I didn't weigh them.
    I will normally use oranges that will give me 60ml of juice each. So here, it will be roughly 180ml juice with 3 Tbsp zest

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy,

    Great! Thanks for this recipe. Now I know what to do with my pack of year old frozen cranberries bought out of greed. Can I use my frozen pack of cranberries? If yes, do I need to thaw them before cooking them? Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...