New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Garlicky Spicy Prawns - Prawns Week #1


Recipe created in July 2011

I bought these prawns on a trip to the night market and they looked really fresh.
I had no idea what to cook with them yet and the next day I knew I just got to cook them asap.
I used what was in my pantry and came up with this dish.

Take note that the garlic was sauteed on low heat so that they dry up and get crispy, then only later, the prawns are returned on high heat. This way, everything remains fragrant and not soggy.




Garlicky Spicy Prawns
Recipe source: WendyinKK

500gm prawns
2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
2 bird’s eye chilli (those I used were pretty fiery)
1 tsp meat curry powder
2 Tbsp cream (sub with coconut milk if you don’t have)
½ tsp salt

1. Wash and trim prawns. Remove eyes, feelers and most of the legs with scissors. Drip them really dry.
2. Heat a wok on high. Put in 3 Tbsp of oil, swirl the oil around, make sure wok is really, really hot.
3. Carefully but quickly pour in all the prawns. Spread them around and do not move them too soon.
4. When you see the side facing down turning pink/orange then you flip them over and fry them until they are really fragrant. Remove from wok and set aside.
5. With the same wok(don't wash), on low heat, if there is still oil, use it if not, add in 1 tbsp of oil and slowly fry garlic until almost golden and then put in chilli, salt and curry powder. Carefully fry them until fragrant and dry. Turn heat to high.
6. Return fried prawns to wok and toss them around to heat up. Put in cream and give it a few seconds of tossing.
7. Dish up and serve.

11 comments:

  1. That look so delicious and so appetizing! You are one great chef creating something delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy, I was so busy last few weeks. Today only manage to view ur blog! Missed your blog a lot! You always got nice & wonderful receipes to share with us! May I know what cream you use for this prawn? Thanks & regards, JasMine Chuah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum.... looks so wonderful. Must be very fragrant. We love garlic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel,
    thanks


    JasMine,
    whipping cream


    Poh Lin,
    Oh yes, it was very garlicky for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salivating!!!! Real teaser ....I know I have to cook this...simple yet delicious shrimp dish;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want these for my happy hour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dish must be very spicy~~ I can literally feel the hotness in it, wow~

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi wendy,

    First time drop by your blog and i really fall in love..surely visit more often.

    May i know what is the cream that you mentioned above?

    TQ

    /Ley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I think you did the right thing. I would love to eat these

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ley,
    Cream is dairy cream, any form.
    Whipping cream, heavy cream, single cream, pouring cream.. as u like, because it's only for cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I look at these prawns and wish I could pop over at your place for a nice meal! If someone cooked for me like that, I probably won't bother cooking myself! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...