New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fried Eggplant with Soy Sauce




Eggplants or aubergines ... They exude a flavour non other can replace.
The skin is a major part of the flavour, w/o it, the fragrance is much much milder.

My grandaunt did not like to eat much of this "fruit", as she believes that it blurs the vision. Well, she couldn't risk her sharp vision that could still thread a needle at the age of 90. I don't think it blurs the eyes...I love it too much to believe it.

This is just a very simple way of cooking it, taught to me by my Big Kucheh, my father's eldest younger sis. Slowly pan frying it until it turns golden brown... and drizzle it with not so salty soy sauce. Simple, but yet, very very nice.

Elaboration: What I did was, I washed the eggplant, sliced it into 1cm thick pieces. Heat a wok/pan and put in some oil. Slide a few eggplant pieces in. If using a wok, the egg plants will automatically fill up the centre and soak up most of the oil. Just push them aside and put in more. So that the first few pieces will release the oil and let it flow down to the later pieces that is now in the centre. U have to lightly press them with ur spatula from time to time. Flip the eggplants one when side is golden. I place an oily piece over a not so oily piece and tap the oily piece to release the oil onto the non oily piece. This way, I don't use so much oil. These eggplants are oil suckers.
When all the egg plants are fried and golden, dish up and lightly drizzle with not so salty soy sauce.



*variation: U can smother them with miso paste too instead of soy sauce :)



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this simple but good recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah,
    I'm glad you took interest in this simple dish.
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...